DataContext in LINQTo make a communication with Database a connection must be made. In LINQ this connection is created by DataContext.
Essentially Data Context class performs below two tasks
- Create connection to database.
- It submits and retrieves object to database.
- Converts objects to SQL queries and vice versa
You can say, it acts as exactly the same as SqlConnection class and perform some extra tasks as well like conversion of object to SQL query.
DataContext class is having four types of overloaded constructor.
It may take
- Connection string
- IDbConnection etc
- Create data base
- Delete data base etc
Full source code is as below,
Strongly typed Data context can be created by below steps
- Create class to represent strongly type data context
- Inherits the class from DataContext class.
Advantage of using strongly typed data context is that each table is available in Table collections. So you do not need to fetch tables using GetTable method.
I hope this post was useful. Thanks for reading
Posted by Dhananjay Kumar